Mangaworld
Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

Mangaworld

Roleplaying group, friends

HemLatest imagesSökBli medlemLogga in

A warm welcome

Gå ner 
FörfattareMeddelande
Admin
Admin
Admin

A warm welcome Empty
InläggRubrik: A warm welcome   A warm welcome I_icon_minitimetis maj 18, 2010 11:31 pm

One of the many rooms in the castle was a rarely used dining-hall, so much older than the modern kitchen and dining-room at the front of the castle.
Not one window adorned the high walls, light was supposed to come from the torch-holders that lined the two sidewalls and the great fireplace at the far wall from the entrance. Both walls and floor was set in great stones and a sturdy oaken long-table and benches sat in the middle of the spacy room.
It was rather dark now, only a few torches burned with a cold fire when Duele entered, but the fireplace roared into life just as she walked over the threshold and the golden flames sent light into the inner half of the hall. She placed herself in front of the heart and made sure to have a lot of free space around herself for she could need it, she did not know what shapes would come to her in a few moments. Better being safe than sorry.
Duele stood turned against the fireplace and let her energy travel outwards and gather above her shoulders. It was so dense that it became visible to even ordinary eyes and it spread outwards and backwards, like wings made of thrashing black tendrils.

And after a few moments it seemed like her magic gathered a few meters beside her as well, growing from the floor like a flower about to bloom. It turned in colour until it glowed with orange/brown from within.
Another gathering of magic a few meters beside, a soft sphere a few inches above ground moving like ripples on water, shifting into deep blue with every ripple.
Yet another one fell out of the air, a waterfall of black energy standing like a pillar in the end. It changed into a crimson shade, looking much more like blood than anything else.
A fourth gathering moved like the wind, crackling like lightning between clouds. It took on a silvery blue, like flowing ice.
Lastly a seemingly solid crystal that shimmered in purple became visible right next to Duele.
She then let out a deep sigh and turned around, let the energy drift away from the newly arrived.

A woman with black hair and orange eyes came from the dark orange shape, her clothes and hair in what earthlings would call a Korean style. Her name was Tuktu and she held the soul of a caribou.
Right beside her, from the sphere of water-like energy, came a boy no more than 8 or 9 years old. He was thin, blonde and bleak, clad in a simple light brown tunic that reached his knees and had his feet bare against the cold stone floor. His name was Ishika and he held the soul of a dolphin.
A young man, maybe ten years older than the little boy, stepped out from the whirlwind of ice and lightning. He had hair in a silvery gray tone with now slowly melting snowflakes in it, wore a thin white shirt and jeans and a dagger hung at his belt. His name was Chiku and he held the soul of an arctic wolf.
The crystal shattered and a tall man with long light purple hair in a loose ponytail fell gracefully to the floor, landing in a crouch and rising to hiss full height. He wore a thin foot-length coat and a dark blue scarf, hiding anything beneath as well as his hands and the lower part of his face. His name was Pawuh and he held the soul of a grizzly.
And the pillar of blood revealed a great tigre that forced the silverhaired youth to back up to the wall. The golden and black coat glistered in the light from the fire and he ruffled his longer than usual mane and looked around at the others.
A huff could be heard from someone in the room and he shifted effortlessly into a human form, a man in his late twenties with brown eyes and hair reaching his shoulders, a scar beside his mouth and more littering his upper body. The many scars were visible due to the fact that he wore only a pair of slacks in a soft material, hanging low on his hips as if he didn't care (which was very likely in his case) about what he showed to the world. His name was Jajumbal and held the soul of a mythical tigre.

A snort was heard then, this one clearly from Duele who stood in the middle of those gathered. She looked around in the room, quickly making sure that everyone seemed to be okay and well after all time away from them.
"Seems like the twins decided to stay home again, anyone heard from them lately? And please cover yourself up Jaju, don't embarrass me in this place and don't scare the locals."
Her voice seemed tired to their ears, much more tired than anytime before, and the man in purple was the one who answered.
"I met them half a year ago, they were courting a woman from a nearby town so I'd say they are busy in some way or another if they were successful."
He spoke in a bored tone and the blonde boy bristled at his words while the rest just sighed or turned away from him.
"Don't talk about them like that you stupid bear, things like that ought to be private! Have you no shame?"
The purple man said something in return which the boy answered just as lividly and Duele just turned her eyes away from them and looked to her left, into she shadows. When she spoke now it was in a quieter tone, almost like a whisper. Maybe Jaju and Chiku would hear her but the others would not.
"Listen in now and wait after, we can talk in private here when they are gone. And shed your skin please, it's too long since I saw that pretty face of yours."
A low hiss came from thin air and she turned her eyes to the others again. As she guessed Jaju and Chiku were looking at her with knowing eyes and the others were bickering, or in Tuktu's case just staring boredly at the facing wall.
Duele cleared her throat and the bickering quieted down immediately, all eyes turned to her now. The cheeks of Ishika turned rosy in embarrassment and she noticed a dust of pink on the visible cheekbones of Pawuh.
"You are called here not only for a reunion, because that is long overdue. You have another brother now, who for now resides in this world. He is named Cooro and is so very young and very unsure of it all."
Everyone lit up at that, Ishika jumping in joy and clinging to Tuktu to whisper smugly in her ear.
"Still just you and Kala who are female, as I told you."
Duele didn't pay them any attention however, since Ishika always acted like this despite his age and Tuktu would listen more to her than the playful dolphin.
"He is a wolf, but not like you Chiku. He is a fighter, and right now he is somewhere in the forest. He's hurt emotionally so I think that you will be good for him at this moment in time, those of you that would like to meet him can look for him after this.
A neko-boy named Zero, who he is in love with, let him down in some ways and he could need some cheering up before he ends up killing someone or get really depressed and loose himself. You can also go look for Zero if you would like, I won't stop you. He's got a temper and does not like me very much so please send my greeting if you wold be so kind.
That would be all for now, but please stay here for a while if you would like to."
She swept her eyes over them as she spoke, read their reactions to what was said.
Tuktu seemed close to tears, the one most in tune with her human emotions of them all due to her considerably good upbringing. Ishika seemed indecisive, as the eldest he felt responsible but he were never good at feelings part from joy. Pawuh's eyes seemed as sleepy as ever, and he spoke in a flat tone.
"I'm going back, I can meet him later and I will not change anything by staying. He is strong enough and do not need my presence."
Duele nodded and once again he was enveloped in a purple crystal that dissolved quickly and he was gone from the room, back to where he had come from.
Chiku and Jaju seemed to have decided, and Chiku spoke whence Jaju nodded approvingly to his first word.
"Staying, I'm both curious of Cooro and this Zero person. Cooro is of our pack and I'll give Zero a bloody grand greeting if I meet him while I'm here."
The blade at his side hummed softly at his words and Chiku lit up a little, turning from bitter to cheeky.
"And I bet I could teach him a thing or two about all this as... cheery-up therapy maybe."
A grin lit up his face and Duele smiled at that, just what Cooro would need. She could see them as close in the future, and she would much rather see him with Chiku than with Zero but she guessed that would not happen anytime soon, if ever.
Ishika spoke up then, voice a little unsure.
"Can I go and return in a few weeks? I'm in the middle of a war right now and I'll need to oversee the next manoeuvres."
She nodded shortly and he too disappeared in the same manner that he arrived. Tuktu spoke up before going away too.
"Same for me, I'd love to stay but I have more pressing matters to attend to. Run safely until we meet again everyone."
Duele let her go without a glance, but she sent out her feelings to Tuktu and knew that she would receive them.

Now there remained three still standing in the room, and Duele held her hands out to Chiku and Jaju who each grasped one as she looked them in the eyes.
"It is really good to see you again, it's been too long since we could talk properly. Go and take yourselves a room, you will be secluded here deep inside of the castle. You may venture outside but please, consider the rules. Do not kill and don't make a fool of yourselves, and please stay human as much as possible. And you Jaju will dress properly, I know you do not like clothes but you can't walk around half-naked."
Jaju snorted and Chiku chuckled at his demise, they were closer to each other as comrades than to the others since they were more alike. Pawuh and Ishika were polar opposites and Tuktu was a loner, while Hati and Kala cared not for anyone other than themselves most of the time.
And they let go of Duele's hands and went out through the door, looking for a room fit for them.

After they had went far enough a man a little taller than Duele stepped out of the shadows in the corner beside the fireplace and put his arms around Duele's shoulders. He was clad in a fedora, a knee-length coat and slacks and a vest, all in black over a white dress shirt. His green hair was only slightly visible and his yellow eyes shone in his shadowed face.
"What are you saying Duele? You didn't invite me to the first meeting, I'm hurt."
She shrugged, a way of subtly telling him to let go but he would not budge. So she let out another sigh and told him in a 'matter of fact' voice.
"You were busy with expanding the darkness, were you not? I heard from your father that you have been working hard outside of their domain."
He sneered when his father was mentioned but smiled slyly after that.
"Yes, I have been a very good boy since last time Duele. And Malau sends his greetings, and hopes that you will keep your end of the bargain. Pray, tell your dear friend Vasi what that was about?"
"His co-operation in a matter that I shall explain to you shortly. But I want you to keep an eye on the kids if you will, I'll give you a fine gift if you will be so nice."
She turned in his arms, standing with their faces a few decimeters apart and him still encircling her, his hands burrowed in her midnight hair.
"Oh, gifts for the snake?"
"Gift, one gift. Will you be nice?"
He leaned his bead back as in thought, giving light to his face for a few moments. Then he looked back at her, almost touching her nose with his own.
"I shall. Can I share your room or must I have my own?"
He sounded like a child when saying that, Duele clear on the meaning in the words.
"Sure you don't want me to bring in a heater?"
"Body-warmth is so much better, have I told you about that?"
"Yes, warm skin against your scales feels so much better, it doesn't get too hot and all that. But really, sharing with me again? You always complain about me leaving you too early."
He let one of his hands fall at that, the other still on her side farthest from the fireplace.
"Yes you do, but I don't really trust your cat and dog to behave if I would share with one of them."
Duele raised an eyebrow but said noting more, she just turned around to walk out of the room, Vasi holding a hand on her shoulder with his fingers playing in her hair as they went.
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
http://manwo.omgforum.net

A warm welcome
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1

Behörigheter i detta forum:Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Mangaworld :: Allmänna Platser :: Slottet-
Hoppa till: